A powerful secure delete tool.
XL Delete is a powerful secure delete tool that will permanently delete your sensitive and private files using its powerful wipe engine. XL Delete can permanently remove any type of file, entire folders, and even your Internet cookies, history, and cache files. Files removed with XL Delete can not be retrieved using file recovery software.
Why use XL Delete?
Many people believe that emptying the recycle bin will delete a file forever. This is not true, when you delete a file and empty it from the recycle bin, the file is in fact still on your hard drive. The only thing that happens when you empty the recycle bin is that Windows marks the area where the file is on the hard drive as overwriteable so that it can reuse the space when necessary. This allows special data recovery software to be able to actually undelete the file and view all of its original contents. Prevent hackers and identity thieves from going through your deleted files and finding your passwords, credit card numbers, and other private information.
When you delete a file with XL Delete, the file data will actually be overwritten several times using specialized methods to prevent data recovery software from being able to undelete the file. XL Delete will also incorporate several obfuscation techniques to hide the original file name and file size from data recovery software.
You can be assured that once you delete a file with XL Delete, it will be gone for good.
- Secure delete any file on your PC.
- Protect your privacy by making sure files you delete can not be recovered.
- Permanently removes old deleted files from your hard drive.
- Clean Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari history, cookies, and temp files.
- Prevent identity thieves from retrieving personal information from your computer.
- Clean your old PC or laptop before donating or selling them.
- Lock extra free space on your hard drive to prevent fragmentation.
Features at a glance:
- Built in file explorer helps you easily locate the files that you want to delete.
- 12 Different wipe methods to choose from including Peter Gutmann's method.
- Define your own custom wipe methods.
- Easy to use wizard. Delete any file or folder in 3 simple steps.
- Shell integration, including integration with the Recycle Bin.
- Ability to wipe all the free space of any selected hard drive.
- Ability to purge old file names from any selected hard drive.
- Ability to securely lock the free space of any selected hard drive.
- Long path tool allows you to easily remove files and folders with path names that are too long for Windows.
- Integrated scheduler that allows you to schedule the secure wiping of files and folders.
- Works on memory cards, usb drives, and other types of removable media.
- Use the Long Path tool to remove stubborn files with names that are too long for Windows to delete.
- Drag and drop support for files and folders.
- Cryptographically secure random number generator for maximum protection.
- Ability to force wipe non-system files that are in use.
- Integrated file viewer lets you inspect a file before deleting it.
- Wipe Index.dat files.